We invest in more than meters, poles and wires in the community. Our civic pride and commitment to excellent customer service extends to making New Richmond Utilities a better place to live and work.
Since 1890, New Richmond Utilities has seen our community grow to become what it is today. We’re proud to have supplied the electric power that has helped to make this growth possible.
We’re equally proud that the volunteer efforts of our employees and the utility have contributed to the development, growth and well-being of our great community.
The Electric Department was established in 1890 followed by the Water Department in 1892 and the Waste Water Treatment Plant in 1930. The three departments became New Richmond Utilities in 1972.
The cornerstone of a not-for-profit, municipally owned and operated utility is “local people working together to meet local needs.” And that’s just where the benefits to the community start.